Monday 12 December 2011

I went to work this evening and told my boss about my foot injury and that I can only wear flip flops at most at the minute. She was fine about it so I spent the entire shift barefoot. I drove home in the rain and walked from the car to the house (about 50 yards) barefoot on the cold, wet ground. Fantastic!

My left foot is very gradually becoming less painful and I'm hoping that it's fully recovered by the time I go to a football match at Didcot in Oxfordshire next Saturday. I'd love to be able to go the whole distance from home to destination and back barefoot, but the soles of my feet are still very sensitive and I really struggle on any surface that isn't totally flat. How frustrating.

Before that however I've got another challenge tomorrow. I'm planning to drive to Canvey Island to watch a match. I'll drive there barefoot (I always drive barefoot now) but I'll take my flip flops as I expect I'll need them due to a predicted temperature of around 3C. I hope that in the future I'll be comfortable standing barefoot on a freezing cold concrete terrace for the best part of 2 hours. But for now I can't manage more than about 20 minutes without my feet going numb so I'm sure I'll need something between my feet and the terrace at some points in the evening.






No comments:

Post a Comment