Friday 16 December 2011

I'm happy at the moment. After dropping my wife at work I went to the beach promenade at Holland-on-Sea and had a lovely 20 minute walk in the rain and sleet. The temperature at the time was around 0C 32F, although I think it's gone up a couple of degrees now. I'm optimistic that my soles are just beginning to be more tolerant of at least some of the surfaces in my local area and can't wait until I can walk around without giving it a second thought.

Despite the weather I'm still hoping to get to a football match tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll get to a game somewhere, I just don't know where. I think it will be a case of ringing round until I find a club that says, "yes, our game is definitely on". Hopefully wherever I go entails a route through London so that I can go barefoot on the underground again.

Today's the day when the schools break up for the Christmas holidays so I expect my posts to be less frequent. Although my girls are teenagers they are no less demanding than little 'uns and I find that I often have less, rather than more, time to do the things I want to than when they were young! I fear my barefoot walks will be somewhat curtailed too.

Nevertheless I will endeavour to post when I can, even if it's just on Twitter. Just in case anyone is reading this I'm at @barefootdave100.

I'm planning to do some shopping later but may leave it until 10 or 11PM so there's less shoppers to get in my way. I hate shopping at the best of times but at least at that time the worst I have to contend with is the night shift crew who will be stocking the shelves.

The other thing I'm aware of is recent reports of Tesco's asking barefoot shoppers to put on their shoes. At that time of night the only manager there should be the guy running the nightshift, and usually night shift managers are far less inclined to be bothered about how people are dressed. So I may get away with a barefoot shop.

One of these days I'll have a good look at improving the look of this blog. I'm completely ignorant of much of the functionality of these things but realise it could look much better then it does. I job to be done after the Christmas holidays methinks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment