Tuesday 13 December 2011

It's been a good day so far. After attending to family duties this morning I returned home to find that we were in need of butter. So I drove round the corner and parked the car in the supermarket car park. From there I went barefoot first to get some money from the cash machine, then into the newsagents to put on the lottery, then to the supermarket for said butter. Then it was back to the car and a short drive home.

While I was out I noticed that the car windows were quite dirty so after I'd eaten lunch I went ouside to clean them. The concrete surface was very cold (it's 5C here) but my feet dealt with it ok. The question is, how long will I last tonight standing barefoot on the concrete terrace at Canvey Island football club? I'll probably start by wearing my flip flops and then take them off after a short while and see if I can last longer than the 20 minutes I managed at Sawbridgeworth Town last week.

The muscle in the top of my foot is still painful when I walk but it's very gradually getting better. I'm still struggling with walking on very rough surfaces but I'm doing it as much as I can to toughen up the soles of my feet. I'm looking forward to the day when I can just walk out to the street without giving it a second thought. I doubt I'll ever get to that point but I console myself with the fact that I'm not only enjoying being barefoot but also enjoying the challenges it presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment