Thursday 29 December 2011

Today has been somewhat disappointing in that I haven't had time for anything more tham a ten minute walk. Tomorrow looks as though it will be little better, what with work and family commitments. It makes my Saturday trip all the more appealing.

We're having some very odd weather at the moment. Some parts of the UK are expected to reach 13C 55F tomorrow and Saturday. Not that I'm complaining you understand. It makes being barefoot in the winter far more comfortable, especially as this is my first one.

I have to admit that so far I've been pleasantly surprised by the fact that I've not received any negative comments about being barefoot. The worst that I've encountered is a few people nudging each other or simply looking bemused. Of course, there's bound to come a time when some dipstick who wants to impress his/her mates will make some comment in an attempt to pour scorn and ridicule on me. I'm not sure how I'll react at the time. A few years ago I'd have probably lashed out but I'm a bit old for all that now. Hopefully any events of that nature will be very few and far between.

Earlier today I was thinking about those people that try to make others wear shoes. It seems to me they are no better than fashion victims and it brought to mind some lyrics from the song 'No Direction' by 'Bad Religion.'

Everyone's looking for something
And they assume somebody else knows what it is
No-one can live without decisions of their own
It seems so they look to someone else
To tell them what to be
Tell them what to wear
Tell them what to say
Tell them how to act and then compel others compulsiveley until the world is all like them. 

Sadly I don't think that situation will ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment